About the Job
Responsibilities and Authorities:
- Follow the Foreperson, Production and the work sheet (job sheet) directions;
- Ensure every vehicle has a job sheet in it before commencing repairs;
- Read and understand the requirements recorded on the job sheet before commencing;
- Ensure all repairs are completed in a timely manner;
- Assist trainees/apprentices with training.
- Check parts against the vehicle;
- Clean and maintain the work bays;
- Completing formal “Job Sign Off Sheet” or on/in the appropriate sections of the Job Sheet on completion of that repair;
- Ensure that Health and Safety (OSH Legislation) and housekeeping standards are maintained;
- Assist in controlling consumable stock levels;
- Clean and maintain equipment. Ensure all repair to equipment are organised and completed in a timely manner
- Identification and reporting of problems (and potential problems) to the Foreperson or Workshop Manager;
- Identification and reporting of “additionals”. Make a note of all additional on the job sheet;
- Implementation of “Corrective Actions”;
- Adhere to company policies, processes, procedures and standards;
- Attend training as required;
- Actively participate in contributing to the maintenance and improvement of the Quality Management System;
- Ensure all vehicles are fitted with a car seat cover before entering them;
- Ensure all repairs are completed to the highest standards attainable in a timely manner;
- Report and record all accidents, incidents and near misses.
Trade Certificate or a number of years of relevant experience and demonstrated competence.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.