WELDER / FABRICATOR
About the Job
• Welding of sinks , basins and other pressed products
• Fabricates with light gauge materials including fitting , welding and finishing of sheet metal components
• At other times of manufacture , you may be required to work in different areas
• Fits , welds, assembles and repairs pressure vessels and pipes for installation and operate machining tools.
• Studying drawings and specifications to determine suitable material, method and sequence of operations
• Fitting fabricated metal parts into products and assembling metal parts and subassemblies to produce machines and equipment• Checking fabricated and assembled metal parts for accuracy, clearance and fit using precision measuring instruments
• Setting guides, stops and other controls on machining tools, setting up prescribed cutting and shaping tools and dies in machines and presses, and setting controls for textile machines• Using machining tools to press, cut, grind, plane, bore and drill metal
• Cutting, threading, bending and installing hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines• Preparing pattern mechanisms to control the operation of textile machines used to spin, weave, knit, sew and tuft fabric
• Diagnosing faults and performing operational maintenance of machines, and overhauling and repairing mechanical parts and fluid power equipment• Erect machines and equipment on-site
All the above to current legislative standards, to prevailing performance standards and in accordance with the procedures.